Tuesday, December 4, 2012

'Tis the Season...

Usually I wait until pretty close to Christmas to decorate the tree, as that was the tradition in our house when I was growing up. (When we were really little my parents would put the tree in the stand on Christmas Eve and decorate it after we had gone to bed so when we got up on Christmas morning it was as if Santa had decorated it for us!) But this year we will actually be away for much of December, returning right before Christmas so we decided to decorate early so that we can enjoy the tree some before we go away. 

The kids had a lot of fun putting the ornaments on and did such a nice job. Conrad felt like a really big boy this year as he was allowed to climb the ladder and put ornaments on the upper part of the tree!
My OCD tendencies aside, I barely had to move any of the ornaments around to balance it all out. Truly, they did a nice job of evenly covering the branches. (Maybe they've inherited Mommy's eye for spatial relationships!)
Boys and trains...a quintessential Christmas combination! When Conrad was little a friend of mine recommended to put a train around the tree as the kids, especially boys, tend to play with the train and leave the tree alone. He still loves the train! (Now we just need to keep the dog away from the tree!)
Conrad was upset that we only had white lights on the tree. It's all I've ever had, either American or Chinese lights because that's my preference and, well, I'm the Mommy. Today  I bought him a set of colored lights and we strung them on the "other" tree in the room. He is happy now!
We're ready for Christmas. What color lights will you use?

We wish you all a joyous start to the Season. Happy Decorating!
All our love~



No comments:

Post a Comment