Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I am Carol Brady

Conrad has caught the basketball bug.

I had already found a program here in Shanghai and decided to sign him up for January when he started telling me that he really wanted to play. I suspect this is the influence of his cousin Zachary!
Practices started this past Sunday.

Dribbling and shooting drills with coach Chen
 
His first scrimage 
He's really enjoying it so we decided to make the investment and buy a backboard. (A run of nice weather and 2 unexpected extra weeks of Christmas vacation highly influenced that decision!)
Poor little mule has to do all the heavy lifting. I'm such a mean mommy!
Higher! Reach!
The hard work pays off. Let's play!


The phrase I use most now has changed from "Stop jumping on the couch!" to "Don't play ball in the house!" Maybe next I'll get my own sitcom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You may remember at Christmas last year we had a little fun with the "Happy Shoes" doughnuts at Dunkin Donuts. I think they are preparing for Valentine's Day. The DD in our local shopping center has now started selling gourmet chocolates. You can put 4 in this decorator box to give as a gift:
"You should let me love you live
you everything you want
and need Baby good love
and Protection"
And then you can fill it with the usual boring old chocolate creme filled, green tea flavored, or this little gem for 8 RMB (about $1.40) a piece.

And then again, maybe not.

'Baby good love and Protection' to you!




1 comment:

  1. Good for Conrad! Hopefully his dad's height genes will kick in quickly. ;) Could be worse, you could be Shirley Partridge instead! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete