Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer Toes! (And where they might lead you...)

Summer has arrived in Shanghai with hot, hot days and sandals. Two weeks ago I was out and about and found this great confetti/metallic nail polish and thought to myself "This would be great for my toes for the summer!" (Those of you who know me, stop laughing. It is not that unthinkable that I might actually paint my nails sometimes!)
So I took it home and started putting it on and a certain little girl wandered over and said "Mommy, your toes are so pretty!" Hmmm, I'm sensing an opportunity here. So I said to her "Vivi, would you like your toes to be pretty too?"
"Yes!" she said, so we got started.
She was very patient waiting for them to dry and really enjoyed the final product!
Summer Toes!
Could it be? Underneath Cousin Zachary's hand me down Soccer t-shirts (as seen in the pictures above), Conrad's old jeans and neighbor Gabriel's cast off tennis shoes might we find... a   g-i-r-l??? (Grammy and Aunties can keep your mouths shut here about hereditary natures...) I was afraid to hope. I thought we had lost the plot earlier this week when I tried to suggest that she wear the adorable pink skort from Aunt Fran. It's probably already too small but it obviously hasn't had enough wear so I brought it out and when she saw it she screamed at me "No! That's pretty!" And that's bad why? "I want cool!" 
I'm not sure where to go with that, have tried to convince her that pretty and cool CAN coexist, but as you know with toddlers, some days are better than others. Well, hope surged anew when she came downstairs this morning very proud of her clothing selection for the day:
The first dress she has worn in over 18 months!

















From summer toes to a summer dress. My tomboy is showing her feminine side!

Happy summer to you all~

No comments:

Post a Comment