Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sleeping in Shanghai

You've all heard of "Sleepless in Seattle", right? Well, on the other side of the world the polar opposite happens everyday, far outside of what one would expect from a regular sleep schedule. One thing I have learned in my time here is that the Chinese seem to have a unique ability to sleep ANYTIME, and ANYPLACE. So much so that Bernd Hagemann, a German who has lived in Shanghai for nearly 10 years has devoted an entire website to the pictures he has captured in that time. If you have a few moments and need a good laugh, I recommend that you check it out: www.sleepingchinese.com

Unfortunately for me I don't usually have my camera handy when I see some of the more bizarre circumstances. Last Tuesday however, I did. I was on my way into our local superstore to do some grocery shopping and passed by the nail salon stall out front. 

And saw this:
I don't even know where to go from there. It doesn't even look comfortable!

I hope you are all well and getting enough sleep~

No comments:

Post a Comment