Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Sneaky Anniversary

I cannot believe it; it snuck right by me! I'm three days late! Somehow, when I was otherwise distracted (I know, that NEVER happens with 2 children home on school holidays and a husband on his way back to China, right?) the one year anniversary of our arrival in Chiang Mai sped right past me! (Actually we were enjoying a lovely family vacation 4 hours south of here in Sukothai, but more on that later...)

Have you noticed that "more on that later" seems to get a lot of use in this blog? I know that I often refer to topics of discussion that I have every intention of following up on, but then get distracted and never quite get back to them. Well, in this case I am officially "getting back" to one of those instances.

You may remember in my blog about our arrival in Chiang Mai, I mentioned that, during our last days as Shanghai residents, we were staying in the same hotel as we stayed during our very first visit to the city. You may also remember my commenting on the deja vu aspect of being in the same suite layout, facing the same landmarks. I decided to have some fun with it then and figure it's once again timely, a fitting tribute to the anniversary.

August 2010:
 April 2013:


August 2010:
April 2013:
I love that you can see the changes in the skyline in this pair: the addition of the Shanghai Tower!

August 2010:
April 2013:

August 2010:
April 2013:

In scouring my old files for the pictures above (I lost about 90 minutes walking down memory lane and enjoyed every minute!!!) I came across this little gem, taken as we were preparing to leave Indianapolis.
November 2010:
which pairs nicely with this pic from my blog entry from a day or 2 before the arrival of the packing team in Shanghai.
April 2013:


I know, I know I'm a year late "getting back to" this one but also I know many of you will understand when I say, seriously, some days it seems like it was just last week!

April 2014:
Soon they won't fit in it at all! (Then how will I get anything done?)

Happy Anniversary to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment