Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Catching Up But Keeping the Title

It's so hard for me to wrap my mind around how quickly time passes, but over 3 years ago I wrote the following description for this blog:
18 months ago my husband began working on a contract in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. For a period of one year, the kids and I joined him in KL and I chronicled our adventures in these pages. Our journey has continued and we are now settling in Shanghai, China for 2, possibly 3 years. I hope you will join us often to share in the coming chapters. Cheers~       Jackie

It's equally difficult for me to accept that it has been nearly a year now that the above description has been obsolete (getting around to it Mel!). Some days it still feels like we just moved here but I feel silly every time I write a new post about living in Thailand next to a description of our move to China. So, I'm finally taking care of a bit of housekeeping. Behold the updated version:

In 2009 my husband accepted a one year contract working with a previous employer in their office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. With 2 1/2 year old and 6 month old in tow, I left Indianapolis and joined him there for a period of 6 months, hence the title of this blog which was started as letters home to all our loved ones. 6 months evolved into a 15 month stay, a phenomenon familiar to many expats. Living part-time in Malaysia soon morphed into living full time in China, with Heinz working in the Shanghai office for at least 2 years. Over 2 years later, with the challenges of living in China well-documented in the pages of this blog, we could sustain a full-time life in Shanghai no longer. As business in Asia was still good for my husband, we knew we had to find a place nearby. Luckily for us we found the best of both worlds in Chiang Mai, Thailand. The kids and I live here full time, in the the sun in the Land of Smiles, and Heinz commutes as necessary, while working in many other areas of the region. For the time being, everyone wins! Follow along with us as the saga continues...
Come swim with us! (No blog is complete without a shameless request for visitors!)

Love to you all~

No comments:

Post a Comment